Sunday, January 23, 2011

I've had the time of my life....

Well... in just one short week my big baby girl Charlotte will start her first day of school. I cannot believe that it was 5 years ago that my life changed forever with the birth of my first child (and I was so excited when I found out it was a girl!) Where has time gone?



I look at her face sometimes and think about her innocence... her wonder of life and how such a little person is going to grow up to be... well whatever she will be! She still needs help to do things - cant tie her shoelaces, fix her breakfast, she still has a bath (not a shower) - and I really don't want these things to change some days as I know that it means she is growing up. I know that they all do (and some days I wish they would faster), but it means that the more she grows up, the less she will need me...

Now to head to the "big" school where she will learn new and exciting things, and probably come home with some new words she has learnt from friends (probably worse than the bum and wee words she thinks are rude words now!) and that is a scary thought! She cried the other day as she was scared that she wouldn't "fit in" with her class as she couldn't read a book... bless! She can write many words, read a few, count to 100, knows all her animals, colours, letters, numbers and has started to learn addition and subtraction too and has always had this thirst for knowledge.

I can only teach her so many things and as her mother I hope that I have done my best and raised her the way I thought would bring out the best in my child, while nurturing her creative, intelligent and sensitive side as well. I have been lucky enough to have been at home with her since she was born and spent everyday with her. As she approaches school life I have some trepidation - along with nerves, excitement, relief and love for who she has become.

I've had the time of my life... being your mum... now and forever

xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Leesa...its a scary yet fun time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thsat is so lovely Nicole it made me cry it was so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all went went ok. My baby started today as well x

    ReplyDelete